Do you want to learn how to set up an AOL email account in Outlook? If this is the scenario, you’ve just answered half of your concerns by reading this post. If you stay with us until the end, you’ll be able to solve all of them. AOL is a commonly used email client that stores a large number of users’ emails. It comes with many features, as well as privacy and security. It does not have any faults, but it lacks the flexibility that Outlook provides. MS Outlook has a lot of extra features like journals, notes, tasks, contacts, and so on. Users of AOL email clients can import their AOL mail into Outlook and enjoy the benefits of both systems.
Tricks for Setting up AOL Email Account in Outlook
This can be done by following the procedure listed below.
Furthermore, configuring AOL email in Outlook is useful and can assist customers in a variety of different ways. Some of the reasons that affect to today’s AOL mail issues are discussed below.
- Employees must migrate from AOL to Outlook as a result of an organizational transition.
- To take advantage of MS Outlook’s unique features and benefits.
- To view your emails offline and avoid AOL’s downtime.
Users are forced to set up an AOL email account in Outlook for these reasons. The manual method described below can assist you in moving AOL mail to Outlook.
What is the Procedure for Importing AOL Mail into Outlook?
Before we start the import process, we must first complete the necessary procedures that must be completed before to the setup.
How to Generate an AOL App-Password
The steps below will guide you through creating the app password you’ll need to log into Outlook.
- Use your AOL login credentials to access your AOL email account.
- Choose Account Info from the Options menu in the top-right corner.
- Now click Account Security in the new tab.
- After that, scroll down and select Manage App Passwords from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Outlook Desktop from the drop-down menu under Select your App.
- Your app password will be generated once you click the Generate button.
- Generate by clicking on it.
- Finally, paste the password into the box and click Done.
This app password will be required when login into Outlook to set up an AOL email account. Now that we’ve completed the prerequisite procedures.
Related Blogs- Resolve AOL Mail Not Working on Windows 10
Let’s look at How to Setup AOL Email Account to Outlook?
- Adding an AOL Account to Outlook by Hand
- Open the Microsoft Outlook programme on your computer.
- At the top, press the File button.
- Select Add Account from the Info menu.
- Now, in the area provided, type your AOL email address and select Advanced Options.
- Set up my Account Manually is selected, and then click Connect.
- After that, select POP from the list of alternatives.
- Now you must manually enter all of the values with great accuracy. Complete all of the items as required. Server – pop.aol.com under Incoming Mail.
- Port- 995
- An encrypted connection is needed for Mark on Server.
- Server – smtp.aol.com in Outgoing Mail
- Port- 465
- Choose SSL/TLS from the drop-down selections in front of the data encryption.
- Click Next once you’ve completed all of the required fields.
- Go to the next page
- Now, click Connect and enter the app-generated password that we created in the initial stage.
- Create a password
- Finally, click Done, and your AOL account will be ready to use in Outlook.
The only manual technique for setting up an AOL email account in Outlook is the one described above. It is a simple process, but some users may find it difficult to follow. It’s also time-consuming and necessitates a working knowledge of the POP protocol. If you wish to avoid these major obstacles, you can hire a professional ( AOL Mail Backup Tool).
This tool allows you to import AOL emails directly into Outlook. It allows you to download AOL mail in a variety of formats to your desktop. It also includes the ability to transfer AOL accounts to Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, and other email applications. This tool has an intuitive user interface that makes it simple to use.
Here Learn How to Configure AOL Mails to Outlook Account?
The solution to AOL mail not working with Outlook is provided here as a manual technique. This is the only way to get an AOL email account set up in Outlook. To run this procedure, users are expected to have some technical knowledge. You can also use a third-party professional programme to quickly and easily set up your AOL email account in Outlook.