WE ARE NOT AN ‘AOL’ COMPANY. YOU CAN CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY.
Deactivated AOL Account. AOL Email Account Guidelines. AOL is a fantastic email service with a variety of benefits and features. AOL Mail is a popular email account that is noted for its security and reliability. It comes with all-in-one desktop software that lets users access email, instant messaging, web browsing, and so much more from a one location. AOL Mail disables unused accounts on a regular basis. If your AOL account is deactivated due to inactivity, you will lose access to your email account’s emails, attachments, and other data.
We’ll looked at why AOL deactivates inactive email accounts and how to reactivate your Aol mail account in this article. So, without further ado, let’s get started on the account reactivation process.
When Will Your AOL Account Be Removed or Deactivated?
Last year, AOL started permanently deleting all accounts that had been inactive for 180 days or more. If a customer has not visited their AOL mail in the previous six months, their account may be deactivated. Users who use any OpenID with AOL Mail will loose access to their accounts if they are inactive. They will have their AOL account cancelled if they have not signed into it in the last six months. AOL will also have the ability to remove the entire account, including all data. According to AOL, accounts that have been inactive for a long time will be permanently cancelled, and all saved data will be destroyed. If this happens, customers will be unable to recover their data and will be need to create a new AOL account in order to continue using AOL email.
When an AOL Account is Deactivated Due to inactivity, What Happens Next?
If you do not sign in to your AOL Mail account for a period of ninety days, your account will be deleted. This means you will not receive any email in your account. If you receive an email, it will bounce. Account termination will happen if you do not sign in for 180 days. Your email account’s data, emails, and information will be completely deleted, and you will be unable to restore it.
How Can You Know If Your AOL Mail Account is Active?
You may receive a notice claiming that your AOL email account is no longer active while trying to log in.
However this message may show if your email account is being used in a way that violated AOL’s terms of service or if you have deactivated your AOL account, it most typically occurs when the account is deactivated due to inactivity. You can reactivate your AOL account and start receiving emails after 90 to 180 days of inactivity. Your account will continue to function normally, but any emails you received before your AOL account was terminated due to inactivity will be deleted.
Why Will Your AOL Account Get Deactivated or Deleted?
Learn more about the reasons why your AOL email account might be disabled or deleted.
Due to a variety of reasons and circumstances, your AOL email account may be deleted or become unusable. If your AOL Mail account is deleted, you may need to create a new account. However, you will no longer be able to use your earlier username.
- When you request the deletion of your AOL account, it is immediately deactivated.
- When your AOL Mail account has been inactive for 90 days.
- When the email account was used in a way that was against the terms of service of AOL.
How to Get Your AOL Account Reactivated?
Here’s how to get your AOL account back online.
Free AOL Account
Do you have an AOL email account that you can use for free? Is your account inactive because you haven’t used it in a while? Don’t worry, your deactivated AOL account can easily be reactivated. Continue reading and follow the simple actions outlined below.
- You must first open a web browser on your PC.
- After that, type mail.aol.com into the address bar and press Enter.
- If you’re already signed in to another AOL account, go to the upper right corner of the page and select the Sign Out option.
- After then, you must go to mail.aol.com.
- Fill in your AOL account’s username or email address.
- Then press the Next key.
- Fill up your AOL account password.
- After that, go ahead and click Sign In.
- Your AOL account has now been successfully reactivated.
You may Also Read- How to Fix Blerk Error 1 Messages in AOL Mail?
AOL Premium Subscription
If your AOL account is cancelled due to inactivity, what would you do? Don’t be concerned. If you have a paid membership, you can reactivate AOL email by following these simple steps.
- To start, you will need to open a web browser.
- Go to the AOL login page after that.
- Your username or email address must now be typed.
- Check the box next to Stay logged in if you want to stay signed in.
- Then press the Next button.
- Fill up your AOL account password.
- To log in, go to the Login page and click the Login button.
- Click the My Services option after checking in to your AOL email account.
- Choose Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- You must now select the AOL product or service you would like to activate.
- To find out more about your subscription, go to the Subscription Information area.
- Copy the Access URL by moving the cursor over it.
- Copy the selected link and paste it into a new web browser tab.
- You will now be led to either a download page or a new page where you must enter your AOL account login details.
- Simply click the Forgot Password option after entering your username or email address.
- To recover your password or create a new one, follow the instructions on the screen.
- To reactivate an inactive AOL account, firstly log in and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Changing AOL’s Paid Plan
- To start, open a web browser on the device.
- The next step is to go to myaccount.aol.com.
- Enter your username and password to access your AOL account.
- Once you’ve signed in, go to My Services.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Subscriptions.
- Select the Manage button next to the AOL plan you’d want to change.
- When the message appears, you must verify the information.
- Go to the Products section.
- Change the plan by clicking the Change Plan button.
- You must select a different plan by clicking on the Select Plan link.
- When the prompt displays, confirm your confirmation.
How to Reactivate a AOL Account on a Smartphone
You can check your AOL Mail, send emails, and do a lot more using the AOL app for mobile devices. It gives you access to your AOL Mail account from any location. You can reactivate AOL email on your mobile device by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store if you’re using an Android device.
- iPhone users, on the other side, must go to the Apple App Store.
- Windows Phone users must also use their phones to access the App Store.
- In the search bar, type AOL.
- Then touch the Install button after selecting the first option.
- Allow the installation of the app to complete.
- Open the AOL application.
- Enter your AOL email account or login.
- Sign in to your AOL account with your password.
Related Blogs- 7 Awesome Tips About Change AOL Mail Password
How Do I Reactivate AOL Account If i Forgot My Password?
If you already created an AOL account and want to keep using it, you may easily reactivate it or just request a new password. If you can’t remember your AOL account password, follow these steps to reactivate an inactive AOL account:
- Open up a web browser.
- Go to AOL’s website.
- Sign in by clicking the Sign In button.
- Remove the @aol.com from your AOL email address and enter your AOL username.
- If you can’t remember it, go to the Trouble signing in page and click the link. Then, choose offer an email address or a phone number for account recovery.
- Then press the Next button.
- You must now click Sign in.
- Put your AOL email’s phone number or recovery email address in this box.
- Then press the Next button.
- Choose whether you want to receive the verification code by phone or text.
- If you don’t know what your recovery contact number is, click this link: don’t have access to this phone.
- Find the AOL verification code in your messages or email.
- Press the Next button after typing the verification code in the blank on the screen.
- Change your AOL email account’s password.
- Re-type the same password for extra protection.
- Save your work by using the save button.
- Open mail.aol.com in a new tab now.
- Click the Next button after entering your AOL login or email address.
After 90 days of Inactivity, What Happens to your AOL Account?
If you do not sign in to your AOL email account for ninety days in a row, it will be terminated. No new messages will be delivered to your inbox, and you will not be able to receive any incoming emails. The sender of these messages will receive a reply.
If you login in to your AOL email account after the ninetieth day but before the 180th day, your account will be revived, and you will be able to receive new emails. You will be able to use your AOL email regularly after it has been reactivated. When your account is deactivated, however, you will not receive any emails that bounced back to the sender.
After 180 days of inactivity, What Happens to Your AOL Account?
If you do not sign in to your AOL account for another 90 days, your email account will be cancelled. It’s possible that users will be able to retrieve their AOL email address. Apart from that, all emails, images, and other attachment to email messages are deleted.
If you want to keep your AOL email operational and the data linked with it from getting lost, make sure you check into it on a regular basis.
Final Thoughts about Howe to Recover Deactivated AOL Account
You will be able to save your AOL account from being deleted and losing all of your account data permanently now that you know how to reactivate the AOL account. You must log in to your AOL email account every few months to avoid getting your account cancelled due to inactivity. Keep in mind that if you don’t use your AOL email account for more than 180 days, it will be deleted. For security and other common reasons you may want to change AOL password.